Last modified: 8 April 2017
Twiza is a simple way to write with people around the world. You can write short stories, poetry, quotes, jokes or anything on any topic. All you need to do is write few words and publish, then someone from across the world will complete your story. Once story completed you can share nicely crafted story with friends.
When you use these services – and any others Twiza roll out, whether in the Twiza app or elsewhere – you’ll share some information with us. We appreciate that this can affect your privacy. So we want to be upfront about the information we collect, how we use it, with whom we share it, and the choices we give you to control, access and update your information.
Information we collect
There are 3 basic categories of information we collect:
- Information you choose to give us.
- Information we get when you use our services.
- Information we get from third parties.
Here’s a little more detail on each of these categories.
Information you choose to give us
When you interact with our services, we collect the information that you choose to share with us. For example, most of our services require you to set up a Twiza account, so we need to collect a few important details about you, such as: an email address and a password. To make it easier for others to find you, we may also ask you to provide us with some additional information that will be publicly visible on our services, such as profile pictures, a name or other useful identifying information.
Of course, you’ll also provide us whatever information you share on the services, such as story lines or story background images. Keep in mind that all the content that you see on app can be save on app or copy it outside the app. So, the same common sense that applies to the internet at large applies to Twiza as well: don’t send messages or share content that you wouldn’t want someone to save or share.
It probably goes without saying, but we’ll say it anyway: when you contact Twiza Support or communicate with us in any other way, we’ll collect whatever information you volunteer.
Information we get when you use our services
When you use our services, we collect information about which of those services you’ve used and how you’ve used them. Here’s a fuller explanation of the types of information we collect when you use our services:
Usage information. We collect information about your activity through our services. For example, we may collect information about:
- how you interact with the services, such as how many stories you shuffle, which notifications you open, or which search queries you submit.
- Stories you liked, comment on user's story, share story with friends.
- Content information. We collect information about the content you provide, such as content of story you have wrote or comments.
- Camera and photos. We collect images from your camera and gallery when you choose a background image for story.
- Location information. When you post story, we may collect information about your location to find best recommended user to complete your story. With your consent, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers and Wi-Fi access points.
Log information. We also collect log information when you use our website. That information includes, among other things:
- details about how you’ve used our services.
- device information, such as your web browser type and language.
- access times.
- pages viewed.
- IP address.
Information we collect from third parties
We may collect information that other users provide about you when they use our services.
How we use information
What do we do with the information we collect? The short answer is: provide you with an amazing set of products and services that we improve relentlessly. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- develop, operate, improve, deliver, maintain and protect our products and services.
- send you communications, including by email. For example, we may use email to respond to support enquiries or to share information about our products, services and promotional offers that we think may interest you.
- monitor and analyse trends and usage.
- personalise the services by, among other things, suggesting friends or profile information, or customising the content we show you, including adverts.
- improve advert targeting and measurement, including through the use of your precise location data (again, if you’ve given us your consent to collect that data). See the Control over your information section below for more information about Twiza’s advertising practices and your choices.
- enhance the safety and security of our products and services.
- verify your identity and prevent fraud or other unauthorised or illegal activity.
- enforce our Terms of Service and other usage policies.
We may also store some information locally on your device. For example, we may store story background images as local cache so that you can open the app and view content faster.
How we share information
We may share information about you in the following ways:
With other users. We may share the following information with other users:
- information about you, such as your name and profile picture.
- content you post on Twiza will be shared with other users.
Control over your information
We want you to be in control of your information, so we provide you with the following tools.
- Revoking permissions. If you change your mind about our ongoing ability to collect information from certain sources that you have already consented to, such as your phone book or location services, you can simply revoke your consent by changing the settings on your device, if your device offers those options. Of course, if you do that, certain services may lose full functionality.
- Account deletion. Although we hope you’ll remain a lifelong User, if for some reason you ever want to delete your account, just send request with your registered email address on Twiza Support. If you ask to delete your account, your personal information will be deleted from our server. But stories you have written with other users will not be removed.